This is super interesting. Thanks Alexander. My preference is civility as well, so please forgive my preemptive armoring.

I think we are at a paradigmatic impasse, as the (neo-classical?) models you are using I simply don’t use. For example, I find it useful to make a distinction between *use value* and *exchange value,* which is a distinction you might find disagreeable. I am also interested in the category of *objective value* — this is why I say that when Kim Kardashian makes more with a months worth of instagram posts than the best school teacher will make in her entire life, I think this is a problem akin to our society placing value on the wrong things (i.e., valuing something that is not really valuable). My sense is you might also think that kind of thing is a problem, but of a different kind? Indeed you speak of unnatural inequality, which sounds a lot like my idea of *extreme* inequality. Help me understand the difference please.

Note my concern here is with the underpaid teacher, as it has been all along ;-) … Childishly… I am worried about my teachers still, who I guess don’t add value according to the models you are using? … Sincerely, I am asking how you would model this problem of underpaid, but highly skilled people in crucial social roles… I see that they consistently receive an economic signal that they are not of value to society, but I think that signal is simply an error that should be corrected…

zak