Good afternoon,

The application requirements for applying to teacher education have been updated online – see https://www.jmu.edu/coe/esc/_files/Application-Requirements.pdf

Note a few important changes – the word “Step” has been removed as a descriptor and there is an explanation indicated that the first requirement must be completed first for tracking, but other requirements can be completed in any order.  Hopefully this will make the process smoother.

Also, the “total” or “composite” score for SAT or ACT math is no longer required to waive math Praxis Core – just the math score.  The change in math requirement begins with the January 2020 application cohort (those who applied 10/16-1/15), BUT if you come across a student who applied previously and you want to allow that student to be given credit for math based on this change, please contact me and let me know.

If you have any questions about these changes, please let me know!

Best,

Dara

Dara Hall, Ph.D.

Executive Director of Teacher Education and Student Success

Education Support Center, Memorial Hall 7230/40

JMU College of Education

540-568-2996