Hello All,

Wishing everyone a just & peaceful year ahead.

I am happy to announce the brand new position of Development Officer is now filled.
We had one complete nomination and the person graciously agreed to serve.

Welcome David to the FEAST Steering Committee!

Here is a little bit about David Cunning

Brief biography

David Cunning is Professor and Chair of Philosophy at the University of Iowa, where he is also Collegiate Scholar in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.  He has held a number of elected leadership positions on campus, including Faculty Senate Secretary and member of the collegiate Executive Committee.  He has also served in other roles including Co-Chair of the UI Strategic Plan Committee, Co-Chair of the UI Task Force on Graduate Education, and Director of Graduate Studies for Philosophy.  His current research focuses on the work of the seventeenth-century philosopher and scientist Margaret Cavendish – in particular, her views on gender, agency and authority, embodied intelligence, and the vitality of nature.  He has written a number of scholarly articles on philosophy in the early modern period and is currently completing his sixth book, on Descartes on the primacy of the embodiment.

Brief narrative

I am interested in using my experience and expertise in a support role at FEAST.  Although I am not an expert in feminist philosophy or social theory, my teaching and research are at the intersection of both areas, and I would use my extensive administrative experience to follow the lead of others as appropriate.  In my various administrative capacities at the University of Iowa I have accumulated fundraising and other skills that (I hope) would be beneficial.  I would try to locate as many creative routes as possible toward generating an endowment to serve FEAST and its vibrant research and teaching mission.

Best,
Saba

Saba Fatima
Associate Professor
Department of Philosophy
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
https://sites.google.com/view/sabafatimaphd/