Gregg,

I've been wondering for awhile --- and I ask because my mathematical skills are often wanting! --- if your equation P - M => E can be meaningfully reformulated so that the "M" is on one side of the equation and "P" & "E" on the other.

One thing that comes to mind, in regards to emphasizing the "Motivation" part of that formula, is the possibility of making a more explicit connection to Dave Geary's "Motivation to Control" model, which in turn Geary made connections to the ToK, specifically the Life-Mind joint point.

~ Jason