Thanks for these helpful reflections, Chance. I share these sentiments.

From: tree of knowledge system discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Chance McDermott
Sent: Tuesday, February 4, 2020 1:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Article worth reflecting on

Thank you for sharing, Gregg.

More often at social gatherings I say, "I have little idea what is going on with ____ issue," whereas before I would cobble together an opinion with emotional reactions and limited third-person information I had regarding the topic.  I still think Top-Down level politics are imposingly impacting, I just feel like I don't know enough to have an informed opinion.

A Unified Theory lens view of the information age we exist in seems to imply the provisional and relative nature of Justification system content.  If behavioral investment theory holds, then we will continue to see macro resource investments siphoned away from Justification systems (cultures) that do not have utility in a meta-modern arena. I think this reconfiguring will be experienced as weird and brutal to many due to the perpetual destabilization.  The average human ego should be shattering and re-shattering at an accelerating rate, buffered only by ignorance or misinformation.

Maybe one of two things happens in this situation.  The first is that there is increased awareness of this siphoning effect and "we" lean into it by encouraging meta-cultural human flourishing.  For example, culture becomes recognized as one's personal decor or historical baggage, which is respected as long as one resists the indulgence of assuming that this cultural frame is "the one" that standardizes or dominates the others.  The second is that fanatics continue to compete for cultural supremacy by harnessing social and technological advancements.  If the latter is what continues to happen, "we" will probably feel heavy inertia towards a private digital balkanization until we get swept by a prevailing cultural power that lands on the formula for dominance.

In summary, I would like to continue to believe that ignoring policy and focusing on meta-modern theory is the best expenditure of time.  :-)

-Chance