Hi Gregg,

Wonderful idea! Please count me in. :-)

/ Lene

On 19-03-2020 15:27, Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx wrote:

Hi TOK List,

  I hope folks are doing ok given all the flux in the world. I have been doing quite a bit of zooming with friends and family, which I recommend. If anyone would like to chat on zoom, please shoot me a note. Also, I was thinking about setting up a general time for a zoom gathering for those on the TOK list. Let me know if you might be interested.

  I think now is the time for some significant reflection and, hopefully, cultivating wisdom and capacities for psychological mindfulness. If we follow the basic principles of CALM, we can take some time to step outside our normal stream of thoughts, feelings and ways of relating and be responsive and reflective, both to ourselves and to the others around us. I know it is stressful. And if we can maintain attitudes of curiosity, acceptance, loving compassion, and motivation toward valued states of being in the short and long term we will be cultivating the kind of attitude that will enable us to learn and grow in positive ways.

  Here is an interesting reframe along those lines.

Karuna is Sanskrit for

‘the state of compassion and self-compassion that leads to Buddhahood’.

Let’s turn coronavirus into karunavirus.

The karunavirus, in her infinite compassion

is creating an opportunity where we can re-gather ourselves,

care for ourselves,

 each other

 and the planet.

by