Hi List,

  Thanks for the feedback about the Theory of Knowledge formulation I shared. I had a helpful back channel question about who the audience was for this work and what was meant by my use of “plain language”. The answer was really I meant “my own plain language”. In other words, my goal in the essay was to lay it out in as straightforward, “easy to see” terms as possible for myself. Of course, I realize what is “easy to see” is depends on who is looking, and obviously I have background knowledge that a general audience lacks. But this does get at the goal and frame of the essay, which was the process of laying it out for myself so that I could then write about it more clearly academically (in my book), and then perhaps it could be translated into the general educated public down the road.

  I shared it here so that folks who are following my line of thinking and are friends of the ToK might be interested in “looking over my shoulder” to see the way I am laying out the logic.

Hope this makes sense.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out my Theory of Knowledge blog at Psychology Today at:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/theory-knowledge