Hi TOK List,

  I am sharing what I found to be an interesting podcast between Brett and Eric Weinstein.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLb5hZLw44s

If you don't know them, they are brothers and are part of the "Intellectual Dark Web." Eric is a mathematical physicist and Brett is an evolutionary biologist. I found this to be an interesting exchange and worth the two hours for several reasons.

First, there are fascinating, if somewhat awkward "big brother-little brother dynamics," especially during the first 40 min. As someone who has three brothers, two older and one younger, I found myself empathizing with some of these dynamics, although their conflicts are more direct.

Second, in terms of basic interpersonal style, "agreeableness" is the broad cluster that moves from being sensitive, giving, conflict avoidant, sympathetic, empathetic and tenderminded on the one hand to being toughminded, critical, dismissive, controlling, irritable and dominant/assertive with a willingness to harsh. The differences between the two on this trait are clear, and Eric exemplifies someone who both is highly disagreeable, but also has a deep love in his heart for his younger brother.

Third, the actual story they are telling about Bret's discovery in grad school regarding telomeres in mice and both its evolutionary theoretical value (connected to how animals age and heal) and re and its practical value regarding the implications of using lab bred mice as model organisms is fascinating to me. As someone who is somewhat familiar with the work of the main characters (i.e., Williams, Alexander, Hamilton, Dawkins, etc) I found that interesting.

Fourth, the notion of a Distributed Ideas Suppression Complex (DISC) resonates some with me, although I am still in the process of working out what I think about it.

Finally, the narrative offered regarding Nobel Laurate Carol Greider represents a pretty striking indictment of her character. Would be interesting to hear her version of events.

They did a follow up on this over at Rebel Wisdom<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpGxOR50sn4> which continues the conversation and adds some to the discussion.

If anyone watches these and has thoughts, I would love to hear them, either on list or off.