Good evening,

Please see the email below that was just sent to our graduates with good news related to licensure.

Additionally, please note an important change related to the teacher education admission requirements – there is no longer a math course requirement for admission to teacher education.  Please see the updated requirements at https://www.jmu.edu/coe/esc/_files/Application-Requirements.pdf.  This change begins with students who have applied as of April 16th, 2020 (aka the July 2020 application cohort); however, if you have a student with a concern about meeting the math requirement from an earlier cohort, I can waive the requirement with program approval.  The AUH or program coordinator must contact me with an email indicating the student’s name and ID with the request to exempt the student from the math course requirement.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions!

Take care!

Dara

Dara Hall, Ph.D.

Executive Director of Teacher Education and Student Success

Education Support Center, Memorial Hall 7230/40

JMU College of Education

540-568-2996