Jamie:

I’m glad you are better.
I agree, a “measurement” of psychic pain would be helpful.
Perhaps, one or more of the physical pain scales might be modified?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain_scale
https://compass.rehab/patient-resources/medical-pain-scale

Best regards,

Waldemar

Waldemar A Schmidt, PhD, MD
(Perseveret et Percipiunt)
503.631.8044

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. (A Einstein)