Hi Gregg,

Thank you for writing this and sharing it with the group. I found this clarification particularly helpful in the discussion (and in reviewing now).

I was able to successfully apply this psychological mindfulness to some anxieties I was having about my job, direction in life, and future earlier this week. Stepping back and observing my situation objectively really helped calm some of the fear and worry that I was experiencing, and helped me to reframe the concern in a more adaptive light, as I saw that the anxiety was a reflection of my fear of the difficulty of what I am trying to achieve. I held a "CALM-MO meditation" for myself, and, although I only set the timer for 10 minutes, I ended up spending about 17-minutes examining and re-assessing my situation in-line with the prescribed CALM-MO principles. Notably, while this was a meditation, I wasn't using it to direct my attention toward one neutral stimulus, or withdrawing my attention from any particular incoming stimuli (as I have been practicing for 3 years), but, instead, I was using the time to think through my concerns and reframe them through a CALM-MO perspective.

Best,

Cole Butler
TPAC Project Coordinator
University of Maryland
2103W, Cole Field House | College Park, MD 20742
tel 301.405.6163