Hi All:

Liz is right.  I remain deeply disappointed by the Democrats endless focus on Trump (Brooks is, of course, not a Democrat).  In my view, the tasks of those who oppose Trump is not to tell people what a horrible leader and person he is, but instead to triangulate this.  Find programs and proposals that will address the problems of people on both the left and right in such a way that marginalizes Trump.  It should be “left” and (moderate?) “right” working together on joint solutions — and leaving Trump sitting there looking and wanting.  The more we focus on Trump as nemesis (which he certainly IS), and the less we focus on giving people a reason to vote for something different, the more we play his gam.

M.

Michael F. Mascolo, Ph.D.
Academic Director, Compass Program
Professor, Department of Psychology
Merrimack College, North Andover, MA 01845
978.837.3503 (office)
978.979.8745 (cell)

Political Conversations Study: www.CreatingCommonGround.org
Coaching and Author Website: www.michaelmascolo.com

"Things move, persons act." -- Kenneth Burke
"If it's not worth doing, it's not worth doing well." -- Donald Hebb