Apologies, Gregg, if this breaks the rules. I forgot where to find rules.

I'm wondering if anyone is studying the following

*Data science and machine learning - jupiter, numpy, python
*Python general programing
*JavaScript general
*Node-Express (and in my case PostgreSQL, for an app I've been writing about for years)

I'm also working with my Muse headband to measure frontal asymmetry, since I've just learned that's a good measure of valence.

Ideally, I'd also fit in my day a few pomodoro's of these topics:
-Neuroscience
-Statistics, linear algebra
-Physics and information theory

I dream of a military-style community for personal augmentation, based on the psychology of learning, creativity, effective group intelligence, health, fitness, and always staying up to date and flexible with new discoveries.

By myself, especially during quarantine in SF, I've been having a hard time finding people who care about these.

So far I found one person to meet and study from 3-6pm, just Node, and I'm posting around to find the right people to form a learning group, where we use our commitments to showing up to support the routine.

The way I see it, everything we need to learn is online, and all schools offer is community support (with a ton of drag) so if people could decide what they want to learn, and they understood the psychology of learning, they could optimize their own routine.

I'll list some useful learning principles:

1) goldilocks zone - not too hard nor boring, but just right for exponential progress towards mastery. Anyone can learn anything, but might have a more narrow goldilocks zone for learning quantum physics, easier to slip off.

2) focus vs diffuse learning (ideally, switch back and forth as optimally as possible. Don't neglect either - Best ideas come in diffuse, but long term memory of abstract concepts comes from deep focus and recall)

3) Anki forgetting curve - recall, recall, recall, just when about to forget, and soon remember forever.

4) fluid vs crystallized intelligence - fluid is like working memory, can only be increased via exercise and rest, whereas crystallized intelligence is what combines, recombines exponentially as the basis of cultural evolution and subject mastery.

5) the bottom line - you don't know shit unless you can teach, create, or do, and these should be the way you recall.

Please let me know if I missed anything crucial.

Jamie