Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share a podcast, related website links and some of my own reflections:

Podcast:
John Gable - Media Bias, Meta News, and Freeing the World from Filter Bubbles

Related Links
https://www.allsides.com/our-team
https://allsidesforschools.org/  (This website provides lesson plans, classroom activities conversation guides)

What were my key takeaways?
  • We all have biases (I certainly do).
  • Looking back some of these biases made me think, feel and act in suboptimal/dysfunctional ways and wasted a lot of my emotional energy and time.
  • Developing some neutral internal language for potentially hot button issues can help us think more clearly and kindly.
  • I think we should "promote" better sense-making tools in this community so I am sharing this with you all.
I am looking forward to Mike's upcoming presentation on "creating common ground".

Best,

Zak Ali