Hi all,

I will echo Gregg's gratitude and sentiments here. I found this discussion
particularly meaningful and helpful during these difficult times. The
resources and actionable suggestions were great, and I hope to see more of
that approach in how people tackle this. Additionally, the real narratives
from our discussants and others provided a real human element and personal
insight on this topic that I think it's hard for people to see without
listening to stories such as those. The discussion prompted me to post on
my social media, and I will share these words with you all.

"Just coming out of a Zoom panel discussion, and wanted to share some
reflections I found important.
In asking people to make change, please offer compassion to your fellow
human being. It may be useful to consider what you want to draw out of the
other person, and recognize their own experience. Consider that the person
that you'd like to change may want that same change, but that they're in a
radically different place in terms of their understanding of the issue. Not
everyone is going to align with and accept the viewpoint that you'd like
them to share, and especially not immediately.
Please consider offering others love and understanding. Do not alienate
your fellow human with jabs, attacks, and/or hurtful labels. This does not
serve either of your ends. Provide them space to grow, learn, and
understand. You may hurt and alienate them, rather than having them support
your cause. Create allies, not foes. Participate in unity, not
divisiveness."

Best,

Cole Butler
TPAC Project Coordinator
University of Maryland
UMD ADHD Lab <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.umdadhd.org_cole&d=DwIFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=HPo1IXYDhKClogP-UOpybo6Cfxxz-jIYBgjO2gOz4-A&m=oiIc3DtUELTGP0i641APfB4F6NWZC5vHcJQ8zzRU3dM&s=6uR0E-JMCkx0X2DMN2yCZTHn7u075kABf5QCzI-NjPk&e= >
2103W, Cole Field House | College Park, MD 20742
tel 301.405.6163