Hi Andrea,

  Yes, I am familiar with her work. It is interesting and I tried to engage her in an exchange to see the overlap between our systems. She was a reviewer of the Periodic Table of Behavior paper. My take was that there were clear ways to line up our visions (although I did note to myself that there appeared to be a problematic dualism that you note). Anyway, she did not seem terribly interested in fostering a dialogue. She was not a fan of how I was connecting to behaviorism and she did not feel like I had done my homework on European theorists. At least that was my read. Joe M. was in on the exchange. He can pipe in if he sees it differently.

Anyway, I think she has developed a cool system. I just don’t think it quite goes deep enough into the descriptive metaphysical issues of mind and matter to get quite the right lay of the land.

From: tree of knowledge system discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Andrea Zagaria
Sent: Tuesday, June 23, 2020 9:27 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Transdisciplinary Philosophy of Science Paradigm

Hi TOK list,

As my target article about evolutionary psychology as a meta-theory continues to be commented on, I bumped into a comment by Jana Uher.

She developed a unifying framework named TPS-P (Transdisciplinary Philosophy of Science Paradigm for  Research on Individuals) Here a link for a summary: http://researchonindividuals.org/

I still have to study it properly, for now what I find not convincing is her characterization of psychical vs physical, with spatiality as a defining feature of physical and not of psychical. It seems, to my eyes, a classic dualistic cartesian distinction: RES COGITANS (mind) vs RES EXTENSA (matter). (http://researchonindividuals.org/tps-paradigm_metatheoretical.htm)

As Gregg points out, thinking about the ultimate unit of physics as matter is now out-dated;  it is better to think of Energy-Matter-Information.

Are you familiar with her work? Any thoughts about it?

Andrea

P.S. I found out this morning that also Mike (Mascolo) published a commentary on my article. I just looked over it, and still have to read it properly, but thanks Mike….