Hi TOK List,
  I am happy to be writing on a new holiday in Virginia, Juneteenth, now a state holiday to acknowledge the end of slavery<http://juneteenth.com/>. I want to remind folks/let folks know that our next We Thrive/TOK Community meeting on Monday at 5:30 pm EDT is a Women of Color panel discussion led by Paulihna Sorbi.

  I am very much looking forward to it. I am on a science for clinical psychology list that has "blown up" a bit over the last three days, with something like 50 or so posts centered on issues of diversity, inclusion, equity, science and politics. Perhaps not surprisingly, the "tension" was between Under Represented Minorities (URM) and Early Career Professionals and some of the more senior scientists who were generally older White men. I did not participate, as I am a bit of an outsider on that group anyway. However, I have often thought about Mike M's presentation last week on needs, values and problems, rather that positions and solutions. I am sure many of these exchanges have been happening. I hope that they are generally resulting in healthy growth and reflection and moving toward valued states of being.

  Anyway, I invite everyone to adopt a CALM attitude, come to listen, learn and reflect.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out my Theory of Knowledge blog at Psychology Today at:
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/theory-knowledge

Check out my webpage at:
www.gregghenriques.com<http://www.gregghenriques.com>