Hi TOK List,

  Just a reminder that the TOK We Thrive Community meeting tomorrow at 5:30 pm EDT is a discussion on gender and the Matrix. I will offer a brief overview of the Matrix, then narrate why, from a Unified Metapsychology Framework perspectives the nature v. nurture scheme on sex/gender is all wrong, and explain how to understand the issues in terms of: (a) evolution, genetics, physiology and development (i.e., Life/Organism); (b) learning, perception-motive-emotion phenomenology, and self-other relational development (i.e., Mind/Animal and the level of the Matrix); and (c) social roles, norms, and gender-based ideologies/belief value networks (i.e. Culture-Person).

  Bring your opinions, questions, and hopes for a cool discussion and deeper understanding of this important, multifaceted issue.

Here is a short video on the Matrix and two blogs:

The Influence Matrix<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__drive.google.com_file_d_1Ue7Sdn4aEab-2DXyeWJKuL95dwlL3WR7nO_view&d=DwMFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=wjF8cZoiFchamTuxBdDEmw&m=6gmeydfcWGioEhNG3t0xl8t-f0Uh5Q8qgOja8VplXuM&s=ULEcCfgNW-WjdNSnA6JztCcoElo2BX_57BdXm9JcUu4&e=> Short Video

A Simple Way to Understand the Origin of Gender Roles

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/theory-knowledge/201907/simple-way-understand-the-origin-gender-roles

Analysis of the Google Memo

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/theory-knowledge/201708/in-depth-analysis-the-crisis-google

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Director, C-I Doc Program
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out my Theory of Knowledge blog at Psychology Today at:
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/theory-knowledge