Thank you, Lee.

Waldemar A Schmidt, PhD, MD
(Perseveret et Percipiunt)
503.631.8044

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. (A Einstein)

On Jun 28, 2020, at 12:59 PM, Leland Beaumont <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

TOK List,
With so much misinformation bombarding us, how do you choose your beliefs?
To answer that question I wrote an essay “Choosing my beliefs”.

Reality is our common ground. If we can find reliable methods for discovering reality, than we can seek out that common ground.

Differences of opinions are useful because they expose us to many point of view and the wide range of human experiences. Controversies are useful because they can motivate us to practice dialogue and attain new insights. Having a reliable method for choosing beliefs increases our contact with reality, helps determine fact or fiction, and helps us discover our common ground.

How do you choose your beliefs?

I welcome your comments on this, and encourage you to write down how you choose your beliefs.

Thanks,

Lee Beaumont