Hi All:

I was rejecting on Waldemar’s reflections on his CALM MO process. Some thoughts occurred to me about how we might understand his process.  I thought I’d share.

Waldemar states that he has found himself activating CALM MO unconsciously, when it was first, I think, a rather deliberative and slow moving process. And he has noticed that CALM MO comes in for him — to put words in his pixels — when events cause emotional changes.  I want to argue that Waldemar is becoming a guru because the formerly conscious and reflective CALM MO process is not only being automatized, but is transforming the primary emotion-based appraisal processes that are the foundation of all action.

To make this argument, I offer the following model of the “Architecture of Action”.