Hi TOK List,

  I am writing to introduce you to Andrea Zagaria. He is an Italian postdoc who contacted me to share the attached paper that is a lead article in Integrative Psychological and Behavioral Sciences. The first half of the paper shows very clearly why the field of psychology is so convoluted in its terms and meanings. The second half argues that evolutionary psychology offers the field the best chance at a more integrated conception of the field.

  Andrea and I had an interesting exchange earlier this week. I shared with him that in the mid 1990s, just before I stumbled upon JUST and then the ToK in 1997 I too thought that evolutionary psychology might be the solution, but then realized a new approach was needed (see here<https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/theory-knowledge/201310/ep-is-not-viable-integrative-meta-theory>). Anyway, I wanted to welcome Andrea to the list and share his paper. I encouraged Andrea to share his thoughts and welcome discussion on this issue.