Dear FEAST community,

Sarah’s news lands with such gravity. To María Lugones I owe both some early inspirations (Midwest-SWIP in the 90s) and a continuing stream of experiences with students who have been ENERGIZED by her imagination, her curiosity, and her complexity. Few other philosophers were on almost every student’s “readings I will carry with me” list...

I am eager to hear from those who worked more closely with her. But seeing this news, I must somehow honor her.

-Elise Springer, Associate Prof., Philosophy Dept., Wesleyan