Gregg,

Thanks for this.

The proposal is real good.

I suggest making explicit reference to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, affirming the importance of upholding human rights, worldwide, and describing this work in the that context. See: https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Assessing_Human_Rights/Beyond_Olympic_Gold

The book Blueprint: The Evolutionary Origins of a Good Society by Nicholas A. Christakis MD PhD. Describes the “Social Suite” One important item is a “Mild Hierarchy”. A lack of hierarchy leads to unhelpful chaos. Strict hierarch leads to authoritarian governance. Include enough, but not too much, structure in the effort.

Clarify the extent to which item #7 is intended to strip people of their cultural heritage. Who is to judge what is a political agenda and what is a cultural treasure? Are theists allowed to join, or do they need to shed their ideology first?

Clarify the protection of flora and fauna required by #9. May I mow my lawn, weed my lawn, and swat mosquitos?

In #11 provide a reference to the UN pronouncements mentioned.

There are ambiguities and inconsistencies in the five principles of table 1. The broad concept of “justice” has many interpretations.  See: https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Virtues/Justice And also: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice  Also, concepts of Caring can be difficult to reconcile with many concepts of justice. How do we care for those identified as criminals?

Is “Life Preservation” (#1 in the table) a pro-life stance (e.g. regarding Roe vs Wade)? See: https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Beyond_Theism/Resolving_a_Vital_Paradox

Thanks,

Lee Beaumont