Very interesting, at the end when he talks about becoming more self-determined he's coincidentally talking about doing shadow work (the Jungian idea of integrating the unconscious and conscious). Such a process leads to individuation/self-actualization, which is exactly what society needs in order to effectively transition through the 5th Joint Point.

This notion of stripping our mental and biological systems of their conditioned sort of 'safety measures' and thus bring forth a more authentic version of ourselves is certainly one commonly emphasized in most all disciplines and fields that contribute to Game B-oriented macro level change.

-Nik