This is great Brent:

“The main issue is simply immortality.  Obviously the richest will be the first ones able to afford it.  But surely, a few decades after that, most everyone will be able to afford it.  But what happens till most everyone can afford it?”

After my wife of 32 years passed away, I began thinking about this a lot. The song by Queen “Who Wants to Live Forever” took center stage and occupied my thoughts. Why would I want to live forever without her? Surely some will die and even our best science will be unable to restore them. What then?

We might extend what you said so well…

What happens *when* most everyone can afford it?

Imagine, as I have, eternity without your beloved object (to use Freud’s phrase). Is that paradise?

And as I conjectured in the last chapter of my dissertation based on the data I received from the USRDS on everybody’s need for a replacement kidney versus the reality if that should come to pass…

Will each moment matter if we never run out?

It is because we can’t be together forever, that each second now is so precious to me

Thanks for this topic, all!

Lonny

Dr. Lonny Douglas Meinecke (King University)

http://lmeinecke.com/

“Comparison is the thief of joy” – Theodore Roosevelt

“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever” - Mahatma Gandhi

"God guard me from those thoughts men think In the mind alone" - William Butler Yeats (A Prayer For Old Age)