Hi TOK Community,

  I am writing to share that I had an excellent conversation with the jazz musician and scholar Greg Thomas<https://integrallife.com/author/greg-thomas/> on Tuesday. He has a fascinating background that links Black literature, jazz and integral theory together. He is CEO and Co-Founder (with his wife, Jewel Kinch-Thomas) of the Jazz Leadership Project<Greg%20Thomas,%20CEO%20and%20Co-Founder%20of%20the%20Jazz%20Leadership%20Project>.

  I connected with him because he made a few excellent posts to the metamodern list we are both on. On Tuesday, he pointed me to two Rebel Wisdom videos that he has done that I had somehow overlooked, and I listened to them yesterday and they are fantastic.

  The first show was a blend of ideas called "Lost Ways of Knowing<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrqfgoJBVP8>," which includes Greg discussing some of how jazz inspires collective intelligence. It also includes some excellent material on John V's four P's of knowing.

  Also, here he is discussing racial issues<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRkXzv89GPw> on "Race, Riots, & History" and the making meaning of the unrest in our country in the weeks following the killing of George Floyd. I thought his conclusion about where we are (i.e., both Black and white folks in the US) and where we need to go was the best 5-10 min summary I have heard, and I whole heartedly agree with his insights and vision for moving forward.

  Because of all of this, I am thrilled that he is willing to join our community.

Welcome, Greg!