Hi all,

Gregg and I believe that my proposed notions about “arcs" and his notion of the fifth joint point are fundamentally describing the same impending era. I've been sitting on these ideas for a couple of years, but I haven't published any articles about it, although I did touch on them in one of my YouTube videos.

I posted the below in the metamodern forum and Gregg said I could post it here too. Perhaps these terms and definitions might be found useful.

Arch-theory

Arch-theory is a theory about the arcs that persists through recursivity of meta-theories and the theories that meta-theories theorize about. The meta-crisis is largely because people are trying to one-up each other with meta-theories, to outdo others with their paradigms about how to resolve the modern and post-modern divide. An arch-theories solve this problem by looking for the arcs, the universal architectures and processes that persist across the meta-theories, and builds a theory that remains true no matter what iteration of meta-theorizing occurs. It therefore can explain and organize meta-behaviors in a way that meta-behaviors cannot explain themselves. Arc theory is neither absolutistic nor relativistic, it implements recursive iterations and improves over time, a universal science. It does not argue for or against paradigms and their cross-paradigmatic syntheses, it fosters their development. It is not argue for or against any particular unifying model, it fosters their development.

Arch-disciplinarity

The academic field of study that studies unifying, transdisciplinary studies about all fields of study. Generally, people choose a given unifying theory, and organize all of their understanding within it. However, even transdisciplinary models are limited by the perspectives of their constructors in space and time. Therefore, arch-disciplinary is the attempt to combine the total scope of available transdisciplinary models. It treats the transdisciplinary, unifying models as objects of analysis which share in common overlapping properties which are foundations to synthesizing on those common grounds.

Arch-modernism

An era of arch-disciplinary and arch-theoretical social philosophy. Here, I propose that those who have and operate with unifying models will come together to synthesize their models into a larger, grand, over-arching theory of unified theories. This cannot be done alone, it is a social behavior. Thus, the combined comprehension and strengths across unified models and their modelers can be made to cross the boundaries and disseminate into all their respective audiences, resulting in a large scale organized coordination and fostering of global flourishing.

Cory