Hi TOK List,

  I am happy to share these two podcasts on Technosocial (note, both Owen Cox and Daniel Fraga are valued TOK members).

Here is Owen's description of them:

Gregg part 1
https://youtu.be/BADK-6s6ayY<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__youtu.be_BADK-2D6s6ayY&d=DwMFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=wjF8cZoiFchamTuxBdDEmw&m=DoyPnuMGsaR0o5lJhmNicwEbdqfR9G2p7_dvQ9TYqTs&s=p47ZJiwwCFudrCZ40ttOjcHLzYFRWnxzAIRY1GLYN7k&e=>

We explore: Gregg's idea of justification systems theory and the formation of culture; the development of the human abilities to ask "why?", to share and conceal our inner states and motivations, and to explain our position in the universe; the four emergence points of Gregg's theory, matter, life, mind and culture; the origin of religion and temple building; technologies and how they inspire the theological ideas of an age; the history of premodern, modern and postmodern justification systems; the failings of modernist humanism; Bard and Soderqvist's Syntheism, and the orientation towards digital as the new face of God.

Gregg part 2
https://youtu.be/A2Y6mFP9040<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__youtu.be_A2Y6mFP9040&d=DwMFaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=wjF8cZoiFchamTuxBdDEmw&m=DoyPnuMGsaR0o5lJhmNicwEbdqfR9G2p7_dvQ9TYqTs&s=4Gdh2hVM-zRsjFNXGLggeD1FxCv2v6S_KhkyzuQMdn4&e=>

We explore: the notion that we are living through a liminal crisis and existential responses to them - depression, anxiety, following cult leaders, and transcendent pathways; the fragmentation and polarisation of American society; the value and limits of scientific thinking; regulating sex and conflict; Gregg's CALM MO approach to psychological mindfulness, an internalised "wise elder"; Jordan Peterson, male pathos, and creating interpersonal spaces to explore and regulate it; curating a healthy, positively aligned superego; creative, pathic ways to communicate; the danger of the present moment, and the possibilities opened by digital; power games, the distinction between growth hierarchies and dominator hierarchies; ethics and pluralism; and creating teams and processes for designing new social organisations and technologies.