Brent,

My wife is a professional painter. I know it for sure that she sees certain colours differently or I see them differently. We have had situations, where we are holding two colour papers which I feel are same she says are different.

Another example - when I learnt Russian after close to four native languages (Punjabi, Hindi, English, Urdu) I could still not make the difference between two close Russian sounds 'sh' & 'sch' with former spoken with plainer tongue, latter being with a trough in tongue. Reason - brain works heuristically - dishes out the closest available 'known option' to perception.

This does not mean one can't train oneself.

ALCCO approach needs to be studied for a valid critique, making express conclusions is unjust.

TY
DL