Hi Folks,

 Although I have not seen it (am planning on it), I am familiar with the basic issues. I enjoyed this Rebel Wisdom interview with Tristan Harris.

  Let me just share that the nature of what is being reported in the Social Dilemma is already baked into the logic of the Tree of Knowledge System and its depiction of the 5th Joint Point. So that we are all clear, the ToK depicts each complex plane of existence following Matter to emerge as a function of novel information processing and communication/cybernetic feedback systems. With that lens, it becomes obvious that the 20th Century is like dimension of Mind prior to the Cambrian explosion.

  That is, you had creatures like jellyfish that had distributed neuronal networks that both resulted in some coordinated movement and sensori-motor detection. But the body-plan and brain were not yet centralized. That happened in the Cambrian explosion era and then gave rise to the “operant” layer of Mind. This is a game changer, and it is at the center of what makes animal behavior/functional awareness and responsivity so different than plant behavior/functional awareness and responsivity (note plant behavior is complex!).

  The 20th Century saw the laying down of artificial intelligence, computer interface and the internet, but it lacked the coordinating control systems. Both governments and corporations were structured then to potentially become the coordinating control systems for the algorithms that would regulate the flow of investment and attention through the emerging digital portals.

  This is the DIGITAL. It is the medium of the next dimension and the cybernetic control systems will be all about algorithms for the flow of information and attention. That is the current/currency of the Digital.

  The question, folks, is what to do about it and how to relate to it. This then is what the Unified Theory Of Knowledge is about. We can also see the same sensibility in other visions. They are all grounded in a wisdom formulation, that I think can be well characterizes as a “metacultural view. For a great example of those kinds of things, consider Greg Thomas’ course on Cultural Intelligence, Daniel S.’s Dharma Inquiry or Zak Stein’s metapsychology and its big three domains for the psyche being skill development, ensoulment and transcendence.

  The ultimate point is that, instead of being herded along by the contingencies of the Digital algorithms feeding corporate profits and nation powers that are focus on the control of human attention, we need to orient the flow our Energy toward a MetaCultural Consciousness. We can represent this as the formula for wise living in the 21st century…E => MC2 !!!!

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out the Unified Theory Of Knowledge homepage at:

https://www.unifiedtheoryofknowledge.org/