Pope Francis weighs in

https://www.npr.org/2020/10/04/920053203/pope-francis-laments-failures-of-market-capitalism-in-blueprint-for-post-covid-w

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 8:49 AM Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Alex,

  Thanks for sharing this. I think you are raising a crucial point here.

We definitely will need to do more than set up communities like the TOK Society that allow folks to come together and share some ideas on email.

We need to figure out how to build actual on-the-ground communities and develop economic interfacing systems that allow us to create generative functions that spread.

From: tree of knowledge system discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Alex Goodall
Sent: Saturday, October 3, 2020 1:17 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [TOK] Bootstrapping The Financing of Humanity’s Transition

How many people could do more, and more quickly, with more funding?

My sense is that the people within the various schools of thought involved with the threat to humanity's continuity are now working more closely together across the silos than a year ago.

So, why not collaborate on funding, as well as on the exchange of ideas?

Time is short, and funding shortages constrain progress.

I wrote my first Medium article - Bootstrapping The Financing of Humanity’s Transition - on this: specifically, the idea of getting funding into a common pool, and then funding initiatives from that pool.

Alex

---
james lyons-weiler, phd
Author, CEO, President, Scientist
Guest Contributor, Children's Health Defense

Ebola: An Evolving Story (World Scientific, 2015)