Hey Gregg,

Good question. The web is a deeply-ingrained extension of the spider’s instinctual memory. If we lack a shared language to discuss that, it’s due to proliferation of symbolic representations of mind. Until we recognize the primacy of memory, our arguments are doomed to indeterminacy. Symbols don’t mean anything if we can’t remember them.

Eric