Joe: thank you!  Wonderful playback!
Where we differ:
You said "Or, if we're talking about "intentionality," then what are the mechanisms from Behavioral Investment Theory (BIT), for example, that help explain why people act with certain "intentions.""
It is my impression that BIT (as you put it) represents a regression towards the primitive from the vantage point that we seek to achieve here with a "metacultural perspective," by my understanding.  It would represent a neurotic attachment to what the psychologists might call "excessive ego identification," or "an expression of previously adaptive behavior that is obsolescent, and no longer adaptive," by my understanding.  It is towards mere animalian behaviorism, put in other language.
I would appreciate a more detailed description of what it means to you "to disagree with me" that "no force is required."
When I say that, I mean that all that is required is a genuine intention to seek to understand and be compassionate towards other human beings, and that no further force is required.  I would say that if we seek to understand one another on this level, that is sufficient force.  I would adjust my quite to mean "no further force is required."
Towards this end, I seek to understand and to make myself understandable to other human beings as the necessary and sufficient effort to allow consciousness to develop at its appropriate rate.
I cannot do better by working double shifts to achieve this goal.  I will not save the world by my efforts, much as those who believe that Salvation cannot come from Good Works, I suppose.  I guess that says my interpretation well enough.
Thank you again for your kind reply.

Bradley

Bradley H. Werrell, D.O. - This email is private and copyrighted by the author.