Hi All,

  I feel very much apolitical/metapolitical these days. I believe that the system is essentially corrupt and broken, and the two parties have entered a “bad divorce” mindset that is more about winning than about cultivating the commons that is the USA. That said, I loathe Trump in a, well, unique way. I am driven by the meta-values of enhancing dignity and well-being with integrity. And whatever you say about Trump or think of his policies, no one can deny that he is the absolute antithesis of someone who has integrity, especially intellectual integrity.

  Four and a half years ago, in May of 2016, I started to get nervous Trump could actually win. It was still implausible, but I had gone from “essentially inconceivable” (see here) to “OMG, this is possible”. As such, I wrote the attached “Morning After” letter. I would say his Presidency has not been as bad as I feared, but by and large what I expected. Given how I feel about Trump, I feel it is useful to share this letter again.

Intellectually, I seriously doubt he will find his way to another miracle victory, but having been burned before, my gut is anxious.

Finally, let me say here that I think the TOK Society should be very careful to avoid political polarization traps. In that regard, let me say that I am not attacking the Republican party nor intellectual conservativism. I am operating from the meta-value position, especially the value of intellectual integrity, which he blatantly rejects and therefore he should be rejected from my value-based vantage point.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out the Unified Theory Of Knowledge homepage at:

https://www.unifiedtheoryofknowledge.org/