Hello everyone.
Forgive me for my naivete for lack of deep understanding of public
psychology.
But I am really perplexed at Racial strife being quoted as 'trauma'.
Racism is cultivated as part of culture, by calling it trauma (accident,
acute, sudden occurrence leading to health deterioration) I think the
whole idea of racism is misplaced in minds of people. Riots you see the
roads (Portland) is not the cause but the symptoms of cultural fabric of
America.
Yes, it can be a trauma for few who were very naive and now suddenly had
truth flung into their face.
For those bearing simmering, tacit racism it is more like chronic
backpain, not a trauma.

Truly yours
Deepak Loomba