Gregg and All:

This statement...

Let me offer one point of clarity…the Enlightenment Gap (see here) refers to the fact that Enlightenment Science/philosophy PRODUCES the problem of psychology

...is, well, well-stated!

This is why philosophy is so important for the sciences — because philosophical presuppositions — implicit or explicit — prefigure and produce the problems (good and bad) of any given scientific field!

M.