Interesting observation in a great article.

I believe the canonizer way bridles these kinds of tendencies, as good
things, to drive things forward, instead of ripping us apart.  Destroying
‘conflict of interest’ just takes all the fun out of everything.

Also, one hand can’t clap, and Trump is better at getting people to clap
with him than anyone.  If, instead of fighting him, we say: “Great, you
have a minority point of view.”  Those are valuable, so let us canonize
that in a camp, and see just how many people agree with you, compared to
the current consensus.

Then each camp is encouraged to describe what will falsify their camp, for
them.  If it isn’t falsifiable, then anyone can believe anything they want,
and we should value that, the more diversity the better.  Then it is all up
to the experimentalists to execute the described experiments.

Problem solved, win/win.