Gregg,

A quick suggestion.
Acronyms forge camaraderie among the code-sharing; but make you less interesting and less impregnable for the newcomers. Because memory of common concepts & acronyms are both the cost of entry and among these two later is an avoidable cost that may be exempt from extraction from newcomers.

Rest to your & colleague's prudence.

Secondly, you should have a glossary maintained in a disciplined manner, which can be collectively created else its impossible to sustain interest. If I have to read another article to understand the current one, it becomes a chain of articles to read, for understanding the one I am interested in. This discourages.
Glossary can have Book mark hyperlinks, so that within a large glossary page, I will see precisely that which I desire to rather than proceeding from 'd' to 'p' to find the definition or meaning of Psychology.

A good glossary is mandatory. Even though acronyms should be avoided as much as possible.

TY
DL