Hi TOKers,

  Here is episode IX of our exploration of Untangling the World Knot series. This episode starts the transition from John V's work on understanding the scale invariant multi-level modeling recursive relevance realization (i.e., SIMM 3R) model of cognition and consciousness into the UTOK and specifically linking it to my work on the problem of psychology.

The focus here is on the descriptive metaphysics that allow our systems to sync up. As such, I bring in the Periodic Table of Behavior and the Map of Mind1,2,3 and situated it at the end with his 4 Ps of knowing. I would encourage folks who watched the TOK Community episode with Steve Q to note the fundamentally different approach that John and I are taking to the topic than traditional Empirical Psychology and it tie to methods based knowing. Methods based knowing absent a coherent metaphysical frame is doomed.

Here is the video of Episode 9<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbuNwss-6Cg>.

Here is the slide deck I am sharing with him. <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cf7WGLQVXyiTSUIABKRI8p3vUORH3up4/view?usp=sharing>

Note next episode we start the "metatheoretical synthesis", first with BIT, which, as you will see in episode 10, leads to a nice "pop" insight and convergence. I will then move into the Influence Matrix on episode 11, where we will track relational recursive relevance realization. Then, episode 12 will be on JUST and propositional knowing. Then we will see where we are and how to tie it back to the meaning crisis.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out the Unified Theory Of Knowledge homepage at:
https://www.unifiedtheoryofknowledge.org/