Jo don't be so hard on Dr. Michalski. Take it easy :-)

In your detailed note. One thing that starkly stands out to me is your question: "what if everything and every institution and all parties are discredited?"

Kindly know any such circumstance(s), where everyone and everything is discredited is gainful to incumbant.

Regds
DL