Hi TOK Folks,

  I thought I would share two articles, one by Deepak and a reply by me that were published on the Chintan Indian Foundation Blog Website<https://chintan.indiafoundation.in/>. Deepak reviews some distinctions between experiential and objective knowledge that have long been present in India. He wrote me and invited me to reply in a letter, which is Part II.

Part 1 by Deepak Loomba
https://chintan.indiafoundation.in/articles/is-the-experiential-a-science-part-1/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__chintan.indiafoundation.in_articles_is-2Dthe-2Dexperiential-2Da-2Dscience-2Dpart-2D1_&d=DwMDaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=wjF8cZoiFchamTuxBdDEmw&m=cR4SwPjHWYxO-wy3sC_5-S0xkzd39TN5coLAIb_idl0&s=N8LkVAZ13XSWZkpFRX2CfpsCmVujTud_Hj4eYTqvj_o&e=>

Part 2 by Dr. Gregg Henriques
https://chintan.indiafoundation.in/articles/is-the-experiential-a-science-part-ii/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__chintan.indiafoundation.in_articles_is-2Dthe-2Dexperiential-2Da-2Dscience-2Dpart-2Dii_&d=DwMDaQ&c=eLbWYnpnzycBCgmb7vCI4uqNEB9RSjOdn_5nBEmmeq0&r=wjF8cZoiFchamTuxBdDEmw&m=cR4SwPjHWYxO-wy3sC_5-S0xkzd39TN5coLAIb_idl0&s=y2bBPwsGEdONsbLI-AA4UI635Ys93lBZqNnoAnyn654&e=>

We can see in the distinction the epistemological differences between first person and third person perspectives that have been present in our TOK community discussions. Less salient is the intersubjective/socially constructed perspective. It seems clear to me that we will need an integrative pluralistic epistemology that includes all of these. Hence the WKID WISM Bee...

[cid:image001.jpg@01D6C6F0.4A8D4030]

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out the Unified Theory Of Knowledge homepage at:
https://www.unifiedtheoryofknowledge.org/