Hi Folks,

  Thought I would share this announcement from Bruce Alderman:

balderman
1 December

METAMODERNISM AND THE BILDUNG ROSE

For the sixth episode of META-MODELS, we are joined by author and futurist, Lene Rachel Andersen, to discuss metamodernism, the concept of bildung (cultivation, enculturation, and moral, emotional and personal development), and her model of the Bildung Rose. Traveling between Denmark and the United States, Lene became curious about the structural elements that appear to support similar cultural developments and patterns in the US and Europe, and this led her eventually to metamodernism, and to her own reflections on self-development, cultural evolution, and the the dynamic interaction of cultural domains which she has modeled as the Bildung Rose.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/mrwFW-DFCWM