Thanks, Eva!

I’m teaching a course this spring on ethics, social justice, and the pandemic.  Care and care work will be a significant part of the course as will be the differential impact of the pandemic on vulnerable populations.

I just listened to your podcast and I’m going to assign it for my course.

Dr. Margaret McLaren

From: Feminist ethics and social theory <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Eva Kittay <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 3:28 PM
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: A podcast on care

* External Email *

Given what is happening in our country at this moment, this is either terrible timing (because I suspect you are as glued to the screen as I am) or perfect timing (because you want to take a break but the brain can’t do philosophy now).  So here is an interview I did for a KevinMD podcast based on a piece I wrote for the blog on care as political.  KevinMD is a blog mostly read by physicians and medical personnel. Its about 15 minutes long.  If you like it, please share it.

https://www.kevinmd.com/blog/2021/01/care-is-no-longer-personal-care-is-political-podcast.html

Eva Feder Kittay
Distinguished Professor of Philosophy, Emerita
Stony Brook University/SUNY
Phone: 212-333-4670
https://sbsuny.academia.edu/EvaKittay