Gregg,

Yes, the interviewee Alva Noe. While I do not remember what the interviewer said. My focus was on what the interviewee said, which made very little rationale.

Ty
DL

On 2/1/2021 5:14 PM, Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx wrote:

Which “gentleman” are you talking about, Deepak? The interviewee Alva Noe?

If so, then we have found a strong point of disagreement with your metaphysics and the ToK. The entire point of the post was that the interviewer’s metaphysics were fallacious.

From: tree of knowledge system discussion <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Deepak Loomba
Sent: Sunday, January 31, 2021 2:40 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: TOK on 10 minutes interview

Gregg,

Saw the video on your recommendation. Found the gentleman incoherent & confused. He is elusive of a conflict in his mind that to me is evident. He wants to believe that there is something beyond the material/physical but knows it isn't. Belief (a word he constantly uses for everything he is describing) is an informational plane* which is de-linked** from material existence. Knowledge is confined on the contrary to linked informational plane (that which is derived from material reality).

As it seems to me, the problem he seems to be stumbling on is the difference between representation and reality.

Existence is constrained by our understanding of it. Which means, everything we do not know***/understand^/perceive^^, for us it really does not exist. Concomitantly, many wrongly assume the reverse to be true, that is, everything we know/understand/perceive exists. Latter is incorrect, because all that exists in the de-linked informational plane** is actually what can be termed as 'figment of our imagination'.

A good example of aforementioned would be a photograph & an abstract painting. Former is a representation, latter imagination. Both exist. True. But former is representational of reality, latter is a recombination of pixels. How to physically differentiate the two has been beautifully described by me in Awareness & Consciousness. In case of representation of reality (photograph) the change in the pixels is gradual, while in delinked informational plane, it is not bound by gradient. In other words imagine a camera that clicks photos every femto-second. In case of a photograph there is a limit to how much two consecutive photographs (say, taken at femtosecond 1 and femtosecond 2) can differ from each other (it is limited by the speed of light), there is no such limitation for delinked informational plane.

*Information is derived from infonomy, which is nothing, but arrangement.
**in the current context delinked means infonomy that is not a reflection of material reality, but arrived at through a manipulation (may be, though not sure, 'informational recombination').
***Sense
^Discover patterns/rules
^^Use memory and bio-computational number-crunching to establish relationships and dependencies with existing knowledge

Ty
DL (Deepak Loomba)