Hi List,
  I am exploring some of Ludwig Wittgenstein's critique of psychology. Doing so I found this helpful article by Daniel Hutto<file:///C:/Users/henri/Downloads/Psychologys_Inescapable_Need_for_Concept.pdf>, which opens thusly:

The confusion and barrenness of psychology is not to be explained by calling it a 'young science'; its state is not comparable with that of physics, for instance, in its beginnings ... For in psychology there are experimental methods and conceptual confusion ... The existence of the experimental method makes us think we have a means of solving the problems which trouble us, though the problems and the method pass each other by.
- Wittgenstein, Philosophical Investigations Sec. II, p. 232e1

It might be helpful to note that the UTOK essentially inverts Wittgenstein. Whereas Wittgenstein went from a picture theory of reality to language games, the UTOK started with justification systems and then out popped the ToK and the conceptual solution to psychology.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out the Unified Theory Of Knowledge homepage at:
https://www.unifiedtheoryofknowledge.org/