FEAST

October 9, 2021

Mini-Conference

In the honor of Bat-Ami Bar On

*Call for Papers*

Given that our bi-annual conference has been postponed until 2022, we have
decided to hold a one-day conference in lieu of our previously planned 2021
FEAST conference. This mini-conference is in honor of Bat-Ami Bar On, who
recently passed on November 2020. The conference will take place virtually
on Saturday, October 9. We will hold a traditional session-based conference
between 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., and then hold a memorial panel between 7:00
p.m. - 8:30 p.m. We aim to have 4 non-concurrent sessions during the day
with an hour break for lunch.  The schedule will be based on the Eastern
Time Zone.

If you are interested in presenting a paper for this mini-conference,
please submit a 500 word abstract to [log in to unmask] by May 1, 2021.
Decisions will be announced on July 1, 2021.

REQUIREMENT: Submissions must be either based on Ami’s work or be inspired
by Ami’s work.

Her research areas include political and social philosophy, war and
terrorism, democratic theory and feminist theory, and the intersection of
refugee studies and just war theory. And, she often engaged with the work
of Karl Marx, Hannah Arendt, and Michel Foucault

--
All my best,
Shay Welch