Hi Greg,

On Fri, Apr 9, 2021 at 3:46 PM Henriques, Gregg - henriqgx <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

> My general reply is no. I do see qualia as a key ingredient, but an
> isolated disembodied qualia?

Not disembodied.  Composed of whatever qualia are, like our consciousness,
just a small amount of it.  How would you define the minimum necessary to
be considered conscious?

Also, my journey with John oriented me more toward adverbial qualia (the
> hereness-nowness-togetherness) than adjectival qualia (properties like
> redness).

Interesting.  Can you help me understand what you mean by "adverbial
qualia"?  To be more specific, if consciousness was remaining static,
except for one pixel on the surface of the brain changing between redness
and greenness, what would the objectively observable change in the brain be
like which was that awareness of only that one-pixel change?  Adverbs are
about verbs, and verbs are about things performing actions, more of a
computation about the things doing such, and such and such an adverbial
manner.  What is it, that is representing the thing that is doing the verb
action in that manner?  To me, the knowledge of the thing doing something,
is the qualia, the action computation meaning, and how all that is being
done, is the computation done by the binding of all that.

When redness is specified in Wikipedia, as THE example of a qualia most
used, how is that redness adverbial?