Hi Greg,
One question for you, and everyone, would you consider the thermostat, specified in the RQT statement, as conscious?  Even though it is only conscious of two pieces of information, one pixel of redness, and one pixel of greenness, no information of anyone perceiving those colors, or anything.

If so, why or why not?

Brent