Eric,

  You say you don’t mean to come across as contrarian and yet you consistently do. You might reflect some on that.

  To address your two questions, first I suggest you look through the attached book, A Guide for the Perplexed. It is designed to be an easy read. Check out pages 15-27 and you will see one source for the A + B + C + D analysis.

Here is the particularly relevant portion:

It also can be connected to Wilber’s Great Nest of Being, as he elaborated in The Marriage of Sense and Soul. And other places. Like Aristotle’s scales of nature. If you want a more up-to-date analysis of these scales/level/layers/orders, see Cahoone’s The Orders of Nature (I have the pdf I can share). The argument that Matter, Life, Mind, and Culture emerge out of an implicate order of “pure” Energy-Information which represent distinguishable variable clusters and this is mapped by scientific knowledge is central to the entire UTOK project. See, e.g., the original ToK Manifesto I wrote more than 20 years ago.

As for my argument about mind and the need for an up-to-date descriptive metaphysics that maps it into the five domains depicted by the Map of Mind, I strongly recommend you watch my two educational videos on the Problem of Psychology and Its Solution.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jn1l5--y9MrkphbRLirXgAbYCNwj5uEI/view?usp=sharing (Part I)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NPbgaR1rsnAxWdkTV4idNTv0qtx6ty7H/view?usp=sharing (Part II)

I also recommend you watch the series I did with John Vervaeke on Untangling the World Knot of Consciousness. The last four episodes spell out precisely this argument, building off of John’s 4P/3R metatheory of cognition.

I know it will take some time, but if you really want your presence on the list to have a different feel to it, I encourage you to make the effort.

Regards,
Gregg