Hi Folks,

  Thought I would share an article and a podcast that I found interesting.

  First, here is an article on a “Psychological Science Accelerator”: https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/22360363/replication-crisis-psychological-science-accelerator. It is a large effort that is trying to create a better system for doing research. Of course, my argument is that we should create a Psychological Theory Accelerator to address the metaphysical and metatheoretical problems of the field. Interesting report about the study on human faces. I was not familiar with that. I would have predicted based on the Matrix that there would have been a “friendly-hostile” dimension to face perception. But maybe by the time you are looking at positive and negative, and dominance submission, the friendly-hostile would be too much.

  Second, here is a panel discussion on Integral Stage on Ufology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8cBzyD4YVM. I have not listened to the whole thing, but I found Sean Esbjorn-Hargen’s presentation interesting, especially how it was framed as “integral exo-studies”. This is the study about extraterrestrials, higher dimensions, past life, psi, etc. I can also relate this to the UTOK in that, positioned relative to this system, the UTOK could be readily framed as “endo-studies”. That is, UTOK is agnostic about that exo-world, but there is a very clear set of problems with how we have framed the “endo-natural world” (i.e., natural science/philosophy) that is laid bare by the Enlightenment Gap and the problem of psychology and psychotherapy.

Together they provide an interesting juxtaposition about where the UTOK is located. It is about getting our metaphysical and metatheoretical understanding of the world somewhere between empirical psychology and exo-studies 😊.

Gregg Henriques, Ph.D.
Professor
Department of Graduate Psychology
216 Johnston Hall
MSC 7401
James Madison University
Harrisonburg, VA 22807
(540) 568-7857 (phone)
(540) 568-4747 (fax)

Check out the Unified Theory Of Knowledge homepage at:

https://www.unifiedtheoryofknowledge.org/